- The Town of Quispamsis recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of a person’s personal information is important. All personal information is managed according to the Right to Information & Protection of Privacy Act. This means that:
1. 01 You will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected;
1. 02 You have a right of access to your information;
1. 03 You have control over how the Town obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information;
1. 04 All uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
- Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, please be aware that the Town automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The Town collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
2. 01 The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the Town’s web site;
2. 02 The type of browser and operating system used to access the Town’s site;
2. 03 The date and time you access the Town’s site;
2. 04 The pages you visit on the Town’s site; and
2. 05 If you are linked to the Town of Quispamsis web site from another web site, the address of that web site.The Town uses this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. The Town does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- If you choose to provide the Town with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submit it to the Town through our web site, the Town will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service.
- E-mail messages are subject to the Act. The personal information you share with the Town of Quispamsis is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of the Town of Quispamsis and may be accessed by department heads or their delegates without further consent of the author. All e-mail messages required to be retained by law will be printed and maintained through a records management process.
- Security measures are implemented in order that web services remain available to all users. The Town of Quispamsis computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify attempts to tamper with information, or to otherwise cause damage.