- Hammond River Park Trails Map
- Queensbury Trail Map
- QR Trail Map
- The Great Trail Map
- Parks & Beaches Bylaw
- Groomed Trails Map
Walking and hiking enthusiasts in Quispamsis won’t be disappointed. Whether you are looking for a leisurely stroll through town, or wanting a more rugged natural challenge, there is a trail for all interests. Most trails are accessible from many residential neighborhoods.
Residents are reminded that dogs are not permitted to run at large. Please ensure your dog is on a leash that is no more than three metres long. When out for a walk with your dog, stoop & scoop bags and garbage bins are available at the entrance to all trails for your convenience.
Also, all municipal trails are non-motorized. See Parks & Beaches Bylaw.
When using town trail, please be cautious and do so at your own risk. Regular maintenance is conducted on a seasonal basis, from May to September.
During the months of October to April these area are not maintained, monitored or supervised by Town officials.
Winter Trail Grooming – The QR Trail, The Great Trail from Recreation Centre Rd to Harrington, and a portion of the qplex trails are groomed in the winter for snowshoeing, walking and cross country skiing.
Check out our Facebook page – Quispamsis Recreations for updates on when the trails are groomed.
|Hammond River Walking Trails||Moderately challenging wilderness terrain||5 km (depending on route)|
|Homestar Off Leash Dog Park||Moderate climb||1 km loop|
|Matthew’s Cove Trail||Easy||1 km|
|Matthew’s and Saunders Brook Trails||Easy||9 km|
|Meenan’s Cove Park Trail||Easy||1 km loop|
|Ritchie Lake Park Trail||Easy||1 km|
|Queensbury to Vincent||Moderate climb|
|The Great Trail||Easy|
Trail Development – Connecting Quispamsis
There are 14 kilometres of trails that network throughout Quispamsis. The Trans Canada Trail connects Quispamsis to Rothesay, starting on Route 119, near the Gondola Point Ferry.
Important things to remember:
- Skateboards are only permitted in the Skateboard Park. Riding skateboards in all other public parks is prohibited.
- Any person riding on or operating a skateboard will be required to wear a helmet approved or certified by CSA or similar agency for use.
- No person shall carry a lit cigarette, cigar or pipe in any public park or public beach where signs are posted.
- The use of archery equipment, firearms, airsoft guns, pellet guns or air guns on any public beach or public park will not be allowed.