The Town of Quispamsis provides bi-weekly curbside recycling pick up. Please make sure to have your recyclables at the curb by 7:00 AM on your scheduled pickup date. If you are unaware of your scheduled pickup date, please see the online calendar on the Fundy Regional Service Commission Website.
What You Need to Know
- Recyclables need to be placed in blue or green plastic recycling bins. Recyclables in plastic bags will not be accepted. Please make sure to use additional bins or similar sized containers (Rubbermaid Totes) for excess recycling.
- Recyclables should be separated into two piles. Paper & Cardboard should be placed together in one bin, while Containers (Plastic, Metal & Milk) should go in another.
- All containers should be rinsed thoroughly and have the caps removed.
- All cardboard boxes should be flatted – 5 or fewer can be placed under or between recycling bins.
- Large quantities of cardboard (6 or more pieces) must be bundled & tired together.
- Shredded paper can be put out in a clear plastic bag, a paper bag or in a recycling bin. Shredded paper is the only item that will be accepted if in a plastic bag.
- Plastic bags can no longer be used for paper, cardboard, or container recycling.
- Residents who store their recyclables are asked to gradually set out their excess recycling as so not to overwhelm the haulers.
For more information on curbside recycling or to download a printable sorting guide please visit the Fundy Regional Service Commission Website.