The Town of Quispamsis provides bi-weekly curbside recycling pick up. Please make sure to have your recyclables at the curb by 7:00 AM on your scheduled pickup date. If you are unaware of your scheduled pickup date, please see the online calendar on the Fundy Regional Service Commission Website.
What You Need to Know
- Recyclables need to be placed in blue or green plastic recycling bins. Recycling bins must be 60-liters in size or less. Recyclables in plastic bags will not be accepted. Please make sure to use additional bins or similar sized containers (Rubbermaid Totes) for excess recycling.
- Recyclables should be separated into two piles. Paper & Cardboard should be placed together in one bin, while Containers (Plastic, Metal & Milk) should go in another.
- All containers should be rinsed thoroughly and have the caps removed.
- All cardboard boxes should be flatted – 5 or fewer can be placed under or between recycling bins.
- Large quantities of cardboard (6 or more pieces) must be bundled & tired together.
- Shredded paper can be put out in a clear plastic bag, a paper bag or in a recycling bin. Shredded paper is the only item that will be accepted if in a plastic bag.
- Plastic bags can no longer be used for paper, cardboard, or container recycling.
- Residents who store their recyclables are asked to gradually set out their excess recycling as so not to overwhelm the haulers.
For more information on curbside recycling or to download a printable sorting guide please visit the Fundy Regional Service Commission Website.